Monday 20 September 2010

Our perfect wedding day

...and it really was. The sun came out just for us! Everything came together so perfectly with out any stress or worry. Our photographer was amazing and capured the day brilliantly. He totally got the look and style I was after and I am soooooo pleased with all the pics. Find him at Johnharrisphotography.co.uk.

I had such a lovely time planning and styling the whole day, it was the best project I have ever worked on! Our theme was vintage mixed with a garden party/ fete feel. Very relaxed, fun, handmade and crafty. This fitted perfectly with the setting which was a beautiful shabby chic country esate in the depths of the norfolk countryside.

My mood board helped me to collect my colour pallete and ideas....




And it went from the mood board to this....











Our amazing chocolate wedding cake was made for us by our lovely friend Katie and I made the mini Matt and Libby peg dollies to sit on the top. If you are interested in having bespoke cake toppers like these for your wedding, please get in touch as these were so much fun to make!



We used an old suitcase as a place for the guests to kindly leave their cards for us..



We had a sweets table which was such a good idea, the adults loved it as much as the kids and it looked so pretty!



Obviously taste was important with the sweets but I tried to pick ones that looked lovely too! I collected heaps of jars in the build up to the wedding and then tied ribbon and lace around them to pretty them up. These were great for the sweets and also dotted around with candles in.



For the name cards, I kept to the tag theme which I used with the save the date cards. I found a lovely print set and stamped everyones name in gold ink. The girls had pink ribbons and the boys had green along with a button stitched on to the bow..





In the lead up to the wedding I searched charity shops for vintage style cut glass vases and crotchet table clothes. Each table had a selection and the vases were filled with beautiful dahlias in all different pinks. This matched my colour scheme perfectly which was carried out on all my stationery including the table numbers and menus..






To thank everyone for their kind donations to our amazing honeymoon in Kauai, Hawaii and San Francisco I made a card in the style of a postcard which showed many of our holiday pics ..

1 comment:

  1. It is indeed a perfect wedding. Love every detail of it. The wedding invitations are cute.

    ReplyDelete